Forex Bitcoin Forum

Bitcoin Forex Forum

• Forex Games
  • Forum
  • Dear friends! All bonus programs on the forum are temporarily suspended.       If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.      
      Dear friends! All bonus programs on the forum are temporarily suspended.       If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.      

Thread: It costs less to mine gold than it does to mine Bitcoin?

1. #1 Collapse post
      Senior Member darexgeorgieviya04's Avatar
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe

It costs less to mine gold than it does to mine Bitcoin?

It costs less to mine gold than it does to mine Bitcoin

The inefficiency of mining Bitcoin laid bare… Over the past few weeks, the criticism aimed at Bitcoin mining has grown. Chiefly for the fact that Bitcoin uses a lot of electricity to mine

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

2. #2 Collapse post
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe
      So...what now? Bitcoin mining was never designed to be efficient. It's more secure the more inefficient it is, even. Things are working as intended.

If people are trying to say that it's a waste because you don't even gain gold at the end of it (this was implied within the article), then that's a completely subjective argument. Even most pollution concerns are grounded on predicted mining growth, not the current mining situation. People are making it into a bigger issue than it actually is.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

3. #3 Collapse post
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe
      One thing that they clearly haven't taken into account, is the fact that gold mining causes environmental damage on many other levels as well.
      You shouldn't just look at carbon emissions, but also at other forms of pollution caused by gold mining.

In most of the western world, there are pretty strict regulations on how you can mine for gold, but that isn't the case in most of the third world.
      There they still use mercury to recover gold, which heavily pollutes the soil.

4. #4 Collapse post
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe
      Quote Originally Posted by PALM View Post
      One thing that they clearly haven't taken into account, is the fact that gold mining causes environmental damage on many other levels as well.
      You shouldn't just look at carbon emissions, but also at other forms of pollution caused by gold mining.

In most of the western world, there are pretty strict regulations on how you can mine for gold, but that isn't the case in most of the third world.
      There they still use mercury to recover gold, which heavily pollutes the soil.
      Others will argue that at least with gold, you see that it is tangent, it is physically there. Unlike with Bitcoin wherein there is no certainty. As regards with the environmental impact, this could be addressed by proper mining practices.

5. #5 Collapse post
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe
      Mining bitcoin is probably more costly because of the heavy-duty equipment but we can't deny that it is also a lot more convenient to mine, right?

6. #6 Collapse post
      Thanks
      SubscribeSubscribe
      Quote Originally Posted by Sendo12 View Post
      Mining bitcoin is probably more costly because of the heavy-duty equipment but we can't deny that it is also a lot more convenient to mine, right?
      But with the present situation, for me, mining Bitcoin is not worth it unless you have and can afford a lot of resources for mining.