Bitcoin Forex Forum | Forex Community Place
Bitcoin Forex Forum
Forex Community Place

Thread: Is it possible to cancel the transaction on Altcoin?

Is it possible to cancel the transaction on Altcoin?

I have a little amount of Altcoin on my old wallet, and want to transfer it to my new wallet. But I always got an error every time I made a transaction. What happen if I leave this transaction as it is?

2. InstaForex
    If your transaction has been successfully carried out, then there's no way to take it back. All the wallet related concerns are irreversible I think.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbdulShiek For This Useful Post:

You surely could implement the cancelling of an unconfirmed transaction by asking other clients to delete it from their memory. But I guess this could open door for transaction spam in your network (I mean people creating and then cancelling transactions at no cost

Unless the transaction hasn't been confirmed yet, then there is no way to cancel it. That is why before making the transaction, make sure that you got the address and amount right.

Accumulated bonus
    0.00 USD
    (What is this?)
    Thanks
    Bitcoin, there are a few things you should know. ... As such, you should take time to inform yourself before using Bitcoin for any ... Bitcoin should be treated with the same care as your regular wallet, or even more in ... address by mistake, but it's best to have controls in place for additional safety

You can easily check the status of a Altcoin transaction regarding its processing stage. However, cancellation is out of the question. Altcoin system is different from traditional electronic transfers. During the transaction processing altcoin, funds are not sent

If the transaction is not finished yet, then you could still cancel it. However if it has already been completed, then there is no way to cancel it anymore.

I believe it isn't possible anymore once it has been confirmed. That is why you should be careful in sending out your coins. Also, make sure that you are sending to the correct address.

Most time you can't cancelled successful transactions. But the was a time that I transferred Bitcoin from mycelium wallet. But the transfer was low so I checked history and I saw cancel button, I clicked and the transfer was cancelled