Bitcoin Forex Forum
Forex Community Place

Thread: What is premining?

1. #1 Collapse post

What is premining?

What is premining?

2. InstaForex
  3. #2 Collapse post
    Many investors could have already mined the coin before it is launch.

4. #3 Collapse post
    In premining, the team of developers would mine a certain amount of the currency for themselves first to cover the expenses once the currency has been introduced to the public.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aya For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (3 )

6. #4 Collapse post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aya View Post
    In premining, the team of developers would mine a certain amount of the currency for themselves first to cover the expenses once the currency has been introduced to the public.
    That's right. The expenses include the fees from exchange sites when the coin has been included in the listings.

7. #5 Collapse post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aya View Post
    Pre mining is somehow a reward for the developers. They can acquire a coin as much as they can before it is made publicly available.

8. #6 Collapse post
    So this is what it means. I often encounter this term in other forum sites but no one really explained what it meant. Well now, I learned something new again!

9. #7 Collapse post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader_Rob View Post
    So this is what it means. I often encounter this term in other forum sites but no one really explained what it meant. Well now, I learned something new again!
    Yes, it is something that they run before they make it publicly.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newbie_trader For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (2 )